Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

New Year, New Me!

That's one of the most heard/said things as a new year resolution. Apparently everyone wants to change in the beginning of the year. "This year, I want to eat healthier" or "This year I'm going more times to the gym", are what most people wishes for. The problem is, when by November they realise they didn't do any of that.

I speak for myself, I always wish for achievable stuff and things I know I can/will do. But, I am also those ones I just mentioned that have resolutions that are forgotten in the middle. Mine are always the same: Be less lazy and stop being a procrastinator. Seriously, I am probably the laziest person on earth and have no problem to admit that. The problem is that I became a procrastinator in between. One thing is when you don't feel like doing something today, the other is always having excuses not to do it. And I have any excuse for when I'm home relaxing. Whilst I was in Uni my only problem was starting to do work, but after that I would do it with no problem. Now that I am employed, my free time is actually not to do anything. At all.
When I finished Uni, I had tons of projects to do: start a blog, learning how to use Photoshop and Illustrator, learn some basics of Social Media Marketing, creating a portfolio and at the end, creating a business plan. From the list above, I've only started a blog (which I don't even update frequently) and learnt some basics of Photoshop. I haven't even seen my favourite series and tv shows! Part of the reasons for that is my job doesn't leave much free time. I work 12 hours a day and only have a day off. (this is not an excuse, I know)

For that reason being, I have new resolutions, which I am not going to forget (or try not to), as I am putting a post-it with all of them in my mirror, room door and pretty much everything I use in my room! (kidding... or maybe not). So here they are:
  • STOP being a procrastinator
  • Having an extra day off every week (that starts in 2 weeks)
  • Publish more posts (specially funny and interesting ones)
  • STOP being a procrastinator (in case the first one doesn't work)
  • Find a new job, that is more related to the career path I want to pursuit 
  • Actually learn how to use Photoshop and Illustrator
  • Learn the basics of Social Media Marketing and manage at least 2 social media accounts 
  • Create my portfolio
  • Try to come up with a business plan
  • and finally, Stop being a procrastinator (I really need it, don't I?)

So boys and girls, or whoever is reading me, or if anyone is reading me, have a HAPPY, SUCCESSFUL, and AMAZING year. Hope you all can end this year saying "It was my year, I finally did everything I wished for", because I certainly will finish mine saying that.

P.s: When I say I am the laziest person ever, I mean when I'm home, especially on holidays, not at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment