Saturday 4 January 2014

Americans hein?

I'm a frequently user of twitter, and a lot of other social media platforms. I remember when I was in my final year doing my degree, that I had a teacher that said to the class: create a twitter account or you're going to fail. We all laugh at her face. 
Now, and since I went to live in England I use twitter pretty much everyday. Even if it is to keep up with football (for those who doesn't know, I love football), news, or what my friends say about numerous things. 
For those who don't know twitter, there are hashtags people can put in their tweets, either to relate with a subject, enter a discussion or even just to get some retweets; and sometimes, those hashtags are a trend, which means that there are a lot of people using it in their tweets. Sometimes they are made by a common user, sometimes it is related to something that is happening at the moment, or latest news. 

Yesterday, the big trend was the hashtag AmericansvsBritish. And it was funny to watch. I am assuming it was created by some American, as they are mentioned first. But seriously, it was hillarious. I saw people saying America/Britain was best because they had certain singers/bands, actors/actresses, etc. But my favourite one was by far the one where an american says that America is best because they have the Statue of Liberty whilst British have the Eiffel Tower. Yes, you read straight. The Eiffel Tower, according to this American is in Great Britan. How thick are they? 
It's not like I hate Americans (and this is not an attack to Americans), it's just that they don't have any general culture. But moving on, there was quite a few images a I saw from britains to Americans, which I'm going to leave it for you. Have fun guys! 






No comments:

Post a Comment